Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.
Back to Blog
Find the relationships between words in the following questions. Select the choice that best completes the meaning of the sentence.
1. Scissors is to cut as pencil is to
2. Pasta is to sauce as
(A) noodle is to dough.
(B) tomato is to vine.
(C) napkin is to plate.
(D) toast is to jam.
(E) cheese is to milk.
3. Bread is to crust as orange is to
4. Team is to captain as
(A) sport is to player.
(B) paper is to reporter.
(C) republic is to president.
(D) game is to opponent.
(E) navy is to ensign.
1. (B). Scissors are used for cutting, just as pencils are used for writing.
2. (D). The topping for pasta is sauce, just like the topping for toast is jam.
3. (C). The outer shell of bread is the crust, just like the outer shell of an orange is the rind.
4. (C). The captain is the leader of a team, just as a president is the leader of a republic.