Each question or incomplete statement is followed by five possible answers or completions. Sleect the one choice that is the best answer.
1. All of the following contribute to variation in a population EXCETP
(C) sexual reproduction
(E) genetic drift
2. Tendons connect _________________ to ____________________; ligaments connect __________________ to ________________.
(A) bone to bone; bone to muscle
(B) bone to muscle; bone to bone
(C) bone to bone; muscle to muscle
(D) muscle to muscle; bone to bone
(E) ligaments to bone; tendons to bones
3. A solution of pH of 5 is _______ times more acidic than a solution with a pH of 7.
4. Farmers have successfully bred Brussels sprouts, broccoli, kale, and cauliflower from the mustard plant. This demonstrates
(A) convergent evolution
(C) adaptive radiation
(D) natural selection
(E) artificial selection
N.B: This is for SAT Subject Test: Biology E/M
The graph above shows the relationship between pH and the activity of two digestive enzymes pepsin and trypsin. These enzymes work in two different parts of the human digestive system, the stomach and the small intestine.
1. How would taking an antacid affect the activity of pepsin?
(A) The activity would decrease because of the pH would increase.
(B) The activity would decrease because of the pH would decrease.
(C) The activity would increase because of the pH would increase.
(D) The activity would decrease because of the pH would decrease.
(E) Taking an antacid would have no affect on the activity of pepsin.
2. Where in the digestive tract would trypsin most likely be found?
(C) small intestine
(D) large intestine
3. What is the pH at which trypsin works best?
4. What is the pH at which pepsin works best?
5. Which of the following statements is true about the digestive enzymes pepsin and trypsin?
(A) Pepsin works best in a basic environment and trypsin works best in an acidic environment.
(B) Pepsin and trypsin work best in acidic environments.
(C) Pepsin and trypsin are both formed in the stomach.
(D) Pepsin works best in an acidic environment and trypsin works best in a basic environment.
(E) Pepsin and trypsin both work well in acidic and basic environments.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.