`1. Do you monitor your social newsfeed several times a day? Facebook. Snapchat. Instagram. WhatsApp. WeChat. It goes on and on. Why not monitor your grades and assignments. Either go to your school online account or have a summary emailed to you.
2. When you go online to check monitor your grades, don’t just look at the letter grade. Really dive in and take a look at each assignment and assess if there’s anything you can do to improve your score. Check if you are missing an assignment that you could redo or didn't turn in? Could you rewrite an essay for more points? If you correct those math problems, can you improve your grade? Every point counts especially when you are catching up.
3. Talk to your teacher about taking on an extra assignment that would help raise your grade. Extra credit might entail doing something like participating in a science fair, writing an extra essay, or giving a presentation to the class. It never hurts to ask!
4. Often it is just poor time management and organization. Maybe you forget your assignments or what the teacher actually assigned. Maybe you didn't look in the book (nowadays many students do not have text books) and you spent your time floundering and getting frustrated. Look into your text book, whether it is digital or paper. Buy one if you don't have one. Often the answers or explanations are in your textbook.
5. Join a homework club or do homework with friends. That can keep you on track and also learn from other students.
6. Consider getting a tutor to finish out the semester. At Hillview Prep, our GPA monitor can help you save your grade and help you make a plan for the rest of the semester. We can also boost your GPA. Contact us today!